The health district is devoted to improving the public health and environment for residents of Canteen, Centreville, East St Louis and Stites townships by providing preventive health care:
- In a humanitarian spirit
- Without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, age, or national origin
- That meets holistic needs
- That is continuously improved in quality
- That is part of an overall coordinated health care delivery system
- That is in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes
This is accomplished with federal, state, local, and private resources to promote a healthy and informed population. We are continuing our efforts to prevent the spread of disease, promote the health and welfare of children and adults and protect the community from communicable diseases.